As a barista, it’s critical that you know all the factors that influence your final product. From the basics of producing a quality espresso to the more advanced latte art techniques, machine maintenance, bar workflow and management, this course ensures that you are fully equipped at whichever level you are at. Professional and specialized levels learn how to blend espresso beans.
In this course you will learn:
- Overview of espresso machines, different types and functionality, pros and cons. Simple to extremely complex (3 boilers per group head).
- Boiler systems discussion. Take apart steam wands, group heads, gaskets, boiler, put back together. Learn maintenance.
- Overview of grinders, different types and functionality. Pros and cons.
- Side by side comparison of different grinder types and burr types on flavor impact. •Take apart and put back together grinders. Learn maintenance.
- Learn about the different processes that milk goes through and the impact on the quality of the milk and coffee beverage.
- Learn and practice steaming different fat content as well as other types and see impact on final beverage as well as different techniques for steaming. •Practice advanced latte art.
- Overview of Barista and Latte art competition rules.
- Receive tips on competing and simulate competition environment.