SCAA Green Buyer CERTIFICATION
The SCAA Coffee Buyer Pathway Level 1 course consists of classroom and lab time combined with a written exam, with a duration of 20 hours. Students are required to obtain certification for Foundations of Coffee before taking this course. The course includes the following classes:
The Coffee Buyer Course includes the following classes:
- CB200 Mill to Roaster: Green Coffee Price & Contract Impacts
- CB205 Green Coffee Buying Essentials
- CB206 Green Coffee Market Dynamics Explained
- CB230 Production and Inventory Control Practices
- CB236 Buying on Green Coffee Market Principles
- CB237 Green Coffee Purchasing Strategies
REQUIREMENTS AND PREREQUISITES FOR LEVEL 1
- PREREQUISITE: SCAA Foundations courses are required in order to take Level 1 courses and are offered in a bundle together with Level 1 courses.
- CP103: Customer Service Essentials
- CB100: Seed to Cup
- CP151 & 152: Brewing and Extraction Principles and Principles Applied
- GE103: Orientation to SCAA Cupping
- REQUIREMENT: Candidates must complete the entire course and testing within 3 years.
Need to retest? Contact our labs directly for information.