Intermediate - 23th - 24th July 2018
Professional - 24th – 26th Sept 2018
Venue: Alam Almaqahi, Torch Coffee Lab, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Learn about the variety of methods for brewing coffee and the brewing variables that affect quality. The Brewing module provides hands-on learning on grind profiles, brewing methods, measuring coffee strength and charting a coffee’s extraction.
SCA Brewing Intermediate
Designed to introduce the concept of scientifically measuring coffee extraction and to explore the elements of coffee brewing, brewing intermediate helps the coffee professional manipulate brew techniques to improve coffee quality.
- The Intermediate level is suitable if you are already part of the industry, working in the field covered by the module, and have a firm knowledge of the basic skills.
- Experience working in the field is recommended for this level.
- Courses at the Intermediate level usually take a minimum of 2 days.
SCA Brewing Professional
The course tests the ability of the professional brewer to navigate the Brewing Control Chart. This course is intended to extend the practical and sensory brewing capabilities of the professional brewer.
- The Professional level is suitable if you want to pursue specialist knowledge at a high level in your subject. Success at this level should indicate to employers competence to work in the field.
- Extensive relevant experience is recommended before attempting this level.
- Candidates must hold the Intermediate qualification in the module before attempting the professional level, barista intermediate is recommended.
- Courses at this level would be expected to take a minimum of 3 days.