SCA BREWING FOUNDATION
Designed to introduce core brewing skills and equipment to people with no previous brewing experience. Successful candidates should be able to grind and brew to the correct recipe to produce great coffee.
- The Foundation level provides a first taste of a specific coffee discipline and is a great way to get insight into a module to help you decide if you want to go on to learn more.
- The Foundation level requires no previous experience.
- Courses at this level usually take 1 day.
SCA Brewing intermediate
Designed to introduce the concept of scientifically measuring coffee extraction and to explore the elements of coffee brewing, brewing intermediate helps the coffee professional manipulate brew techniques to improve coffee quality.
- The Intermediate level is suitable if you are already part of the industry, working in the field covered by the module, and have a firm knowledge of the basic skills.
- Experience working in the field is recommended for this level.
- Courses at the Intermediate level usually take a minimum of 2 days.
SCA Brewing professional
The course tests the ability of the professional brewer to navigate the Brewing Control Chart. This course is intended to extend the practical and sensory brewing capabilities of the professional brewer.
- The Professional level is suitable if you want to pursue specialist knowledge at a high level in your subject. Success at this level should indicate to employers competence to work in the field.
- Extensive relevant experience is recommended before attempting this level.
- Candidates must hold the Intermediate qualification in the module before attempting the professional level, barista intermediate is recommended.
- Courses at this level would be expected to take a minimum of 3 days.